Whether customer meetings are hosted onsite or offsite, there are a number of things that can go wrong. Nearly every business professional has been witness to at least several of the following scenarios. Some may have simply been minor distractions; others may have been show-stoppers where deals were lost or service issues were left unresolved.
1. Obscure Address. Not every company is able to afford a location that is easy to find. While your office location may fully satisfy day-to-day business functions, it may not be the best location for a customer meeting. Indeed, beyond a late start to the meeting, having customers “frantically” searching for a hard-to-find address creates a bad customer disposition before the customer even arrives at your location.
Tip – Davinci Meeting Rooms are Google optimized so they are easy to find and direct your clients to. Your client will always find the address as we already took the necessary steps to make Google aware of the location.
2. Difficult Arrival. Once a customer reaches the meeting location, they expect a seamless transition from their arrival to the start of the meeting. First impressions are vital, after all. For prospects and customers who are meeting you for the first time, you want them to have a great first impression of your company. Having no greeter or someone who is ill-equipped for the job has the potential to create a first impression that not only impacts the respective meeting but also for future meetings as well. That initial brand experience is critical; make it count by ensuring customers receive a professional greeting from an experienced lobby greeter.
Tip – Our meeting rooms offer friendly lobby greeters, and most locations also offer complimentary beverages, so your client can get comfortable before the meeting, which also plays a favorable role towards you and your business
3. Internet Access. Virtually every prospect and customer needs Internet access—both to conduct personal business and to participate in the broader meeting discussion. This necessitates fast connectivity and uncomplicated access codes. Indeed, when the process for connecting to the Internet is complex, the time expenditure can easily exceed 10 or more minutes, valuable time that could have been spent addressing customer business requirements.
Tip – Easily connect at our locations with complimentary internet access, both wired and wireless.
4. Presentation Tools. No time should be spent acquiring and configuring access to presentation and collaboration tools. The projector needs to work “out of the box” (for both PCs and Macs) and other capabilities such as white boards need to be stocked with the appropriate accoutrements such as markers, erasers, etc.
Tip – We offer projectors and whiteboards. Take a look once you pick your location and room size for what options can be added.
5. Audio/Video Conferencing. Virtual meeting attendees are increasingly the norm. Valuable time should not be spent configuring audio and/or video conferencing equipment at the start of the meeting. Nothing can deter a meeting more than time remediating connection issues.
Tip – Be ready with our video and audio conference equipment so you can take your conference call like a professional. You have the option to add any extras needed, such as video conferencing camera and local phone access after picking your location and room size.
6. Loud, Disruptive Location. Hotel conference rooms and even company offices (not to mention coffee shops) are notorious for surrounding foot traffic and conversations. When the noise becomes a distraction—or worse, an interruption—this can prove detrimental to the customer meeting. As a result, ensure your meeting is in a location where you have the undivided attention of the customer; sometimes you may have only one opportunity to pitch a new solution or idea, and a noisy meeting location should never be the reason it fell flat.
Tip – Once you book your office or conference space, you have the room to yourself, so no distractions and you can focus on finishing the call at hand.
7. Business Services. Customer meetings can be quite dynamic. Often different business services may arise depending on the direction of the conversation and meeting requirements. This might include any number of administrative activities such as faxing, printing, photocopying, mailing, shipping, notary, and transcription. When your customer meeting is in a location where these services are packaged with the meeting room, you can focus on the customer while ensuring that all business outcomes are achieved.
Tip – In most of our meeting room locations you have the option to add administrative support to help you with these tasks so you don’t have to run back and forth between your client and administrative tasks, just enjoy your meeting room knowing that they are on hand when you need them.
8. Catering. Putting a productive conversation on pause or even tabling a discussion for a later day is something no small business owner wants to do. But this is often what happens when lunch or dinner arrives. Rather than halting a customer meeting and delaying or thwarting important deals or service resolutions, small businesses should consider catering lunch or dinner.
Tip – Davinci Meeting Rooms partners with national and local caterers to offer an amazing assortment of food for your clients. Impress your client further with a catered lunch that’s ready for you when you start your meeting. It will definitely add an extra layer of preparation to whoever you meet with.
The planning behind a customer meeting often makes or breaks it. Often little attention is given to the meeting room (and location), a failure that can become a last regret for a small business or entrepreneur. Meeting rooms should be an enabler, not an inhibitor to a company’s success.
This is an important premise (and use case) behind Davinci Meeting Rooms. For more information on Davinci Meeting Rooms or to reserve a room for your next customer meeting, visit davincimeetingrooms.com.