Dark. Dungeon-like. Dank.
This is how my husband described the meeting space that was secured for the “leadership innovation meeting” he attended. There was no way that environment was going to act as the foundation for innovation or inspiring new thought. In fact, the moment the team walked into the room the life was sucked out of them. So, rather than hitting the ground running, they spent the first ten-minutes rebounding and re-motivating themselves
Noisy (people talking and the sound of milk foaming). Distracting. Confusing.
And, this is how my friend described the coffee shop where a consultant pitched her for business. My friend couldn’t engage, or follow the dialogue because the environment didn’t allow for it. The consultant didn’t win the business. And, the fact that he didn’t have the forethought to select the right meeting venue weighed heavily into her decision not to give him the business.
We’ve all experienced it – right?
The wrong meeting setting for the meeting objective. In these two instances, the net results were more detrimental than simply not having a “pretty” place to work from.
Of course, the one commodity we never have enough of is time.
So, if you’ve agreed to allocate your time to a meeting, then renting a meeting venue that supports the tone and tenor of that meeting should be priority #1.
Here are 6 pros of renting a meeting space.
- Gaining control over the meeting environment: set the tone you desire from the moment attendees enter the room.
- The ability to choose the right location: near you, near your prospect/customer.
- The joy of meeting in a space that reflects your brand: casual, formal, or somewhere in between.
- The choice to configure the space to meet your needs: environment for collaboration, classroom style, breakout pods, etc…
- The relief of having easy access services: Administrative support, catering, concierge services (transpiration, reservations, etc..).
- Getting back the one thing we don’t have enough of…time: When the meeting is done, walk away and leave the cleanup to the support team.
Today, there is absolutely no excuse for meeting in the wrong venue.
My husband and friend agree that had the right meeting venue been chosen for their respective meetings, the outcome would have been dramatically different. Whether you’re in charge of the venue or not, be the hero. Establish the criteria for a successful meeting venue. Share that criteria with the person who is choosing the venue (if it’s not you), and make sure the criteria are met.
Renting a meeting space is now easier than renting a hotel room.
DavinciMeetingRooms.com knows a bit about the process. With a single call, you can secure a meeting by the hour, day or month at thousands of locations across the globe. Go for it!