Most business professionals cite time wasted in meetings as one of their biggest complaints. Studies show the average business professional attends 62 meetings each month, and of that time, 31 hours equates as unproductive. This tallies up to a whopping $37 billion in annual.
When workers feel unengaged and that their time is being wasted, the repercussions are dramatic. Forty-seven percent of employees describe them as “boring, pointless, and unproductive.” Consider some of the things meeting goers admit:
- 91% daydream during meetings
- 96% skip meetings that they deem a waste of time
- 39% have slept during a meeting
- 45% feel overwhelmed by the number of meetings on their calendar
- 73% do other work during meetings
- 47% aren’t passive-aggressive; they complain to others in the office about unnecessary or unproductive meetings